Wikileaks is the Endgame

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 19:36:28 PDT 2016

On 6/29/16, Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:
> So who would use it? I'm guessing that everyone who uses Tor, I2P, etc,
> etc would use it. And so we'd be back to where we are now with Tor, with
> just the exception that the new system isn't vulnerable to global
> adversaries.
>
> How would you keep statist criminals from using it?

When you have a non vulnerable network, or at least one that's
equally invulnerable to or exploitable by all participants, the
question of who uses it becomes more mooted by that balance.
Today's overlay networks are vulnerable to GPA's, which at
this stage are just governments and global telecoms... not
end users. There's a big imbalance there, and it's not in
favor of said users.

> There's still the criticism that Tor is intentionally vulnerable to
> global adversaries. Maybe it was at first, by design. But it's an
> open-source project.

Best design principles vs adversaries, as school of thought
over a decade ago, are certainly different than what would
be designed in 2017. There's room for something new.