Wikileaks is the Endgame

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 16:26:06 PDT 2016

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 18:23:05 -0600
Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

> On 06/28/2016 01:31 PM, juan wrote:
> > On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 00:33:01 -0600
> > Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:
> >
> >> . But overall, I think that Tor has done much good.
> >

> > 	for the US military, yes.
>
> For sure. But also for online drug dealers.

	Yeah. Ask Ulbricht.  Or the guys from agora who made it quite
	clear that tor doesn't work. Or freedom hosting, or or or

	Also, what % of 'illegal' drugs are sold through tor? 0.01%?

> There have been a few
> spectacular failures, certainly. And the security model of having
> illegal stuff mailed to meatspace addresses is laughable.

	It is, but that's not the point. Although, you know, using the
	state's mail system to ship drugs is as stupid as using the
	pentagon's fake anonimity network for the online side of
	the business.

	*Furthermore*, this being the cpunks mailing list, the standard
	should be a lot higher. Tor is not a realistic option at
	all for people who have a quarrell with the powers that be.

	If you are selling an 'anonimity' network for crypto-anarchism,
	then your anonimity network better work against the US
	gov't and assorted lapdogs.

> But it has
> clearly increased availability, especially for niche substances like
> DMT and analogues. Quality too, I suspect.
>
> For me, that's a good. No question.
>
> More generally, Tor has allowed many to evade state control.

	Yes. Many US agents and agents from vasal states. That's
	how tor serves western imperialism. Is that what you want?

> Some of
> them deserve to die, in my opinion.

	You mean the state agents no?

> But the important point is that
> Tor has overall reduced state power.

	Yeah well. Sounds nice. Too bad there's zero evidence for that
	claim. Actually the claim is pretty absurd. How can a project
	of the US military whose purpose is to serve the US military
	and the US state 'reduce state power'?

	Are you on drugs? =)

> Is that not a good thing, juan?

	No, tor is not a good a thing.

	Dissapointing. Your argument boils down to "the mafia or
	the state can do good things, maybe, sometimes".

	So you can look at some good stuff that can be attributed to
	tor, while ignoring all the bad stuff.

	That's like basic economics turned on its head...

> It's true that Tor has allowed the CIA to act more freely in Ukraine,
> Syria, Iran, etc. But that, like freedom for pedophiles, is just a
> cost of usable "anonymity systems" (or whatever you want to call
> them).

	lol - so now it turns out that 'pedophiles' are the moral
	equivalent of the CIA or the murdering psychos at the pentagon?