Wikileaks is the Endgame

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Tue Jun 28 17:23:05 PDT 2016

On 06/28/2016 01:31 PM, juan wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 00:33:01 -0600
> Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:
>
>> . But overall, I think that Tor has done much good.
>

> 	for the US military, yes.

For sure. But also for online drug dealers. There have been a few
spectacular failures, certainly. And the security model of having
illegal stuff mailed to meatspace addresses is laughable. But it has
clearly increased availability, especially for niche substances like DMT
and analogues. Quality too, I suspect.

For me, that's a good. No question.

More generally, Tor has allowed many to evade state control. Some of
them deserve to die, in my opinion. But the important point is that Tor
has overall reduced state power.

Is that not a good thing, juan?

It's true that Tor has allowed the CIA to act more freely in Ukraine,
Syria, Iran, etc. But that, like freedom for pedophiles, is just a cost
of usable "anonymity systems" (or whatever you want to call them).