[OT] Five Simple Rules

Cecilia Tanaka cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 20:06:19 PDT 2016

I am killing the English in all my messages, haha!!  Sorry for all my
stupid Grammar errors!  ;)

On Jun 27, 2016 11:34 PM, "Mirimir" <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

> > How did we escape from the prison?  It was the work of generation of
searchers, who took 5 simple rules to heart.

> > Question authority.  No idea is true just because someone says so,
including me.  Think for yourself.

> Also, think about why they're saying that. What's the game?
>
> > Question yourself.  Don't believe anything just because you want to.
Believing something doesn't make it so.

> I've wasted time on pet ideas, for sure :(

Me too.  Probably much more than you, my dear Mirimir.  To find the truth,
you must believe.  I always wanted to believe.  I still believe in a better
world for everybody, but it is becoming pretty hard to discover what means
a "better world" and "everybody", uh!  :-/

> > Test ideas, by the evidence gained from observation and experiment.  If
a favorite idea fails a well designed test, it's wrong.  Get over it.

> Yes. And if something can't be tested, forget about it. That includes
theories with so many free variables that they can fit any result.

Being a hard headed person makes me waste a lot of time following variables
because Law is not an Exact Science and persons are not exact and precise
at all, haha!!  ;)

> > Follow the evidence, were ever it leads.  If you have no evidence,
reserve judgement.

> That's how we get breakthroughs.
>
> > And perhaps even the most important rule of all, remember you could be
wrong.   Even the best scientist have been wrong about somethings.  Newton,
Einstein, and ever other great scientist in history.  They all made
mistakes.  Of course they did, they were human."

> There is no truth. You can only know what's probably not true.

No truth.  It hurts.  And it is probably true.  :(