[tor-dev] Freenet + Onioncat: Is the traffic welcome?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 19:52:56 PDT 2016

On 6/24/16, konstant at mail2tor.com <konstant at mail2tor.com> wrote:

> Chinese users can reach Freenet again with Tor. China blocks Freenet with
> DPI for a long time.

This use case is nice to hear. Compared to other networks and
attack vectors it's not the best at, Tor has put good effort into
and is rather strong at getting around DPI type censorship.
Other nets can probably learn something from tor re this.

>> As Roger suggested, we should be aware of how much load this project adds
>> to the Tor network.

> Easy. The Tor seednodes can track unique addresses they see.

Yes any unix packet filter can count this by IPv6 netblock.
(Different example, to count tor / i2p clearnet, that needs
done by UID.)