[tor-talk] Debian Developer, removed since 2016-06-18 *Appelbaum*

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 10:41:26 PDT 2016

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 10:37:39 +0200
rysiek <rysiek at hackerspace.pl> wrote:

> Dnia poniedziaƂek, 20 czerwca 2016 21:00:24 CEST Zenaan Harkness
> pisze:

> > Debian developer voting base has public foundations which fail to
> > have any separation of powers - just a single public "community"
> > executive/ power of authority, with no formal nor rigorous nor easy
> > to identify appeal/ right of reply/response process.
>

> That sounds like anarchy --

	Well, if by anarchy you mean the opposite of anarchy? then yes.
	War is peace.

> that's good, right?

	What I gather from Zen's post is that debian has some governing
	body wich involves 'voting', so democracy eh? isn't that
	'good'?

	And the governing body, like any governing body, has the last
	word and THAT is exactly what statism is all about. Your state
	has the last word, you either obey 'the law' or die. THAT is
	your system, rysiek, the opposite of anarchy.

	And in reality Debian isn't completely statist, because,
	although Debian's 'government' seems autocratic, they don't
	force you to use Debian AND if you use it, you can change the
	software in any way you like, that being the principle
	behind free software, which in turn happens to be pretty
	'anarchic'.

> Juan, help me out here!

	Hopefully you'd find something helpful in the above tirade...