what 'Tor' actually stands for - do you want a brown t-shirt?

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Jun 20 19:22:01 PDT 2016

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 10:05:08PM -0400, Riad S. Wahby wrote:
> juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > me to boyce :
> > > 	are you brownshirts going to 'moderate' the cpunks mailing
> > > list too?
>
> Juan, I like the cut of your jib, even when I don't agree with you.
>
> But what's with all this speculation that cpunks will become moderated?
> And how do you propose that a bunch of people who have no connection to
> the list will be the ones to do so?
>
> To be clear: I have no intention of moderating this list, ever. I'm too
> lazy, for one :)

0. Thank you for being light hearted, friendly, public and clear with this
communication - it truly is a breath of fresh air compared to what some of
us have experienced on the interweb "Communities".

1. Juan accidentally sent an email intended to me privately, to the list.

2. Juan was referring to tor-talk in recent emails, not cp, and there have
been actual notification to that list that tor-talk may soon be moderated,
and the authorities over that list are discussing such presently.

3. Like giving thanks and +1s, giving a "whoops, that was intended to a
single offlist recipient, apologies" can be considered to add to the noise
of a list. Sometimes, a "sorry, brown paper bag moment" email may curtail
further noise. It's evidently a judgement call.

Again, thank you so much for being so grounded in your communication.

Best regards all,