Shit The FBI Says...

Shelley shelley at misanthropia.org
Thu Jun 16 07:38:41 PDT 2016

On June 16, 2016 7:18:33 AM Xer0Dynamite <dreamingforward at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> The US Federal Bureau of Investigation has successfully convinced a
> >> federal judge to block the disclosure of where the bureau has attached
> >> surveillance cams on Seattle utility poles.
> >
> > If they had disclosed the locations, I'm sure they'd all end up being
> > vandalized.
> > Shot at, stolen, spray painted over...
>
> That's not a legitimate complaint.  The local mayor could still
> protest the installation of such devices on her/his city.  If the
> directive to install such devices does not come from a higher up
> executive, there''s no reason not to protest if it's undesired.
>
> The FBI, like all law enforcement, isn't supposed to act like
> renegades, taking Justice into their own hands.  They can be liable
> for CIVIL lawsuits (without the protection of the government) of
> acting on their own like that.  (Those employees, to protect
> themselves, should make sure they have the request from the President
> in writing.).
>
> Here's another schizoid thing about it all.  Quiz:  The Department of
> Justice is under the Executive Branch or the Judicial Branch.  Oh, the
> Executive, so it just want its own brand of Justice, is that it?
> Because what's supposed to happen is that people are to be charged
> with a crime by the executive, and THEN it goes in front of a Court to
> be heard.
>
> The other thing is, that the municipal, county, and state government
> can say NO to such installations.  Don't complain about the federal
> government, complain about your local mayor.

It's not that easy.  The feds claim that each of those hidden cameras is
linked to a federal investigation.  Which is probably total bullshit, but
that's their claim.  I'm not sure how much room the mayor has to protest
something like that.  Also, Ed Murray is a career politician and I don't
think he's anti-LE.  Our previous mayor, Mike McGinn, probably would have
put up a fight against such bullshit.  We owe a lot to Ed Murray for
advancing LGBTQ equality, but he hasn't been a great mayor.

One other thing: local, state and federal LE get away with a hell of a lot
by using Fusion centers.  They can really blur the lines of what is legal
and who has jurisdiction by claiming joint operating protection.  It is an
unbelievable amount of bullshit (put into place under Bush the Lesser and
expanded by Obama.)  Combine that with other atrocities like parallel
construction and you have the rogue police state we are now experiencing.

-S