the challenge of becoming an anarchist - why nearly everyone's a statist

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Jun 12 02:57:23 PDT 2016

> Lastly, one should realize that your first obligation is to yourself,
> then to your [chosen] family/friends, and finally none at all to
> "society", which is a construct of dubious utility, and which doesn't
> exist on its own. It's not a matter of "every man for himself and
> devil take the hindmost", it's a matter of "there's only so much one
> can do, and the most important things come first".

Problem is, "most important things", in almost all humans, fails to
include "actions which will in some (even small) way, bring forward some
correction or shift to my wayward state, in which I am in some small way a
party to".

0. Pick a cause.
E.g. - handling the inevitable descent into nazism of every fascist state,
which is every purported democracy today.

1. Name it.
E.g. "No More Papers Please!"

2. Communicate it. Online, in person.

3. Find those who are passionate about it and will form part of your "core
team" in this wayward t3rr0r1st group of extreme constitutionalists.

4. Invent some some slogans.
E.g. "Be radical, live our absolute right to give no more than our name to
any authority."

5. Perhaps water it down a bit, if you don't have enough takers,
E.g. "Be radical, live our absolute right to give no more than our name
and address as per section 51 of the Crimes Act 1971 (Australia), to any
authority." (Sorry, that section and year are not quite right, but the
details are otherwise correct, either download it from austlii.edu.au and
read it to find it, or reply and ask, if you can't find it.)

6. Make plans, take actions, build it, do it.

7. Know and teach that for a cause to truly impact beneficially in the
world, many individuals must carry it clearly in their words, with
certainty in their hearts. A single individual put on a leadership
pedestal, a Jacob, a Zenaan, a Juan or yourself, can and will be taken
down. EVERY individual must live the cause, the freedom, speak from his
own heart and carry the battle cry in a moments notice - only --then-- is
the cause truly won, truly owned by many, and earned by many, and
therefore able to persist.

Every single one of us, as flawed as we are, uncomfortable and unsure,
doubtful and embarrassed, every single one of us carries the capacity to
communicate in our body and mind, the capacity to be sincere, clear and
true in our minds and hearts.

The perception of greatness in an individual "out there", in the "glory"
of a public success, in the "exceptionalism" of an individual is a fast
way to excusing inaction, to clouding the mind and the heart, into denying
our equal potential as humans. All are unique and exceptional.

Even if you only get through steps 0 to 2 above, that's more than 99% of
people can generally say they've done in the past 10 years. Consider
renumbering the steps to begin with 1 when talking with non computer
programmers. Tech people may be a useful target demographic/ group -
freedom of speech, freedom of code, experience in working and
communicating with others, these days more "geek cred" than "nerd
aversion", so possibly tending toward influential in general, if not only
in the business and "silicon valley investor" set.

Good luck, and may your actions speak for you. Rock the world in your own
little way. Inspire others where possible. Do what we can. Amongst the
100s of causes and slogans, one may take off - and that's all that's
needed! Enjoy the ride.