[digital-rights-activism] Oklahoma Police and your money!

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Jun 10 18:22:09 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 09:00:02PM +0000, Jack Liddy wrote:
> It's a shame, there was once a a few people (two or more, depending on which version you believe) in Oklahoma who
> bravely stood up to the authorities and refused to allow their massive overreach. Now this is common place and
> people are helpless.

"People are helpless"

Well, perhaps that's the mindset that results in the few who stand, only
to find that almost no one jumps on board.

Or perhaps I'm overestimating and you are not one of the few who stood, in
which case the only shame is that -you- did not stand with those who did.

Now here's a huge firetruckin irony: last year, or perhaps early this
year, slashd0t.0rg went through some management process of attempting to
monetize the site (again) in a way which some of the users (perhaps most)
really did not appreciate. This new website layout issue was evidently a
momentous human rights trigger, since saw quite a huge campaign from quite
a few members of that website, "troll" the beginning of the comments of
EVERY new article, to make their point, and they proclaimed they would not
stop until the website reverted to its old layout.

And wouldn't you know it? Within a couple weeks (don't quote me) of
sustained and diligent and united (amongst the protesters) action, they
got what they wanted and the weebsite was mostly reverted back to its old
layout.

But having your assets/ car /bank account/ life/ anonymity of travel to be
raped and pillaged? Seriously, who cares? One or two "constitutional
extremists" who protest and my god, the gall of them, even go to court
against the respective local, state or federal government organ? Man, how
extreme, they're like, you know, like terrorists or something, our whole
democracy might crumble or you know, like the end of the world, so nah,
can't get up to help them...

"riseup"? You're kidding me right?

Humans ... get what they f**kin deserve.