[private] Re: [tor-talk] http://jacobappelbaum.net/

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 13:05:48 PDT 2016

 From: juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com>
On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 18:23:17 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Apparently there are a number of easy-to-describe improvements which
> >could be made to the TOR protocol, such as increasing the number of
> >hops, generating fake extra traffic, etc, which would improve it
> >greatly.  TOR is a net positive,

>    Yes, a net positive. Don't you love the US military Jim? They
>    created the infrastructure for cypherpunks to overthrow the US
>    government (and military) by means of a prediction market.
I've argued for years that the invention of the Internet will eventually be seen as a very slow-motion suicide by government.  It wasn't a one-step process, however:  Requring the invention of higher-speed modems to assist traffic, the World Wide Web, fiber optics, good encryption, etc.  TOR was/is yet another piece of the puzzle that will have to be assembled.My attention is on Ethereum and Augur, which will make the prediction market open.  Nobody will much care if I donate 0.001 BTC to see the end of [fill in the blank with the name of your un-favorite politician or government employee.]
                Jim Bell