IT-mees Jõhvist: „USA valitsus ja Kim Dotcom röövisid neli aastat minu elust“

grarpamp grarpamp@gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 12:28:43 PDT 2016

http://ekspress.delfi.ee/kuum/it-mees-johvist-usa-valitsus-ja-kim-dotcom-roovisid-neli-aastat-minu-elust?id=74201189
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/06/from-file-sharing-to-prison-a-megaupload-programmer-tells-his-story/

The whole case was blackmail. They were just waiting for the defendant
to get tired of fighting and give up. It’s not the one who’s in the
right who wins, but the one who has the most staying power.

They never send you straight to where you’re going. You drive through
a number of other prisons first. If you make trouble, say by
complaining to the judge that your rights are being violated, you’re
put through this thing called "diesel therapy." They bounce you back
and forth between prisons like a ping-pong ball.

I was taken from Alexandria to Brooklyn, from there to Pennsylvania,
from there back to Brooklyn, and from there to Pennsylvania again—a
total of about 16 hours of driving. Before I got to where I was meant
to be going, I was put in two different prisons, one of which was a
supermax prison where they keep the worst of the worst. I was there
for 10 days. There are more than 2.5 million prisoners in the United
States. Almost one percent of the whole population is in prison, and
that’s a huge problem. But what surprised me most was that there are
private prisons in the US. The more prisoners, the more money you get
from the state. It’s big business.

Estonia was the only country that didn’t give its people any support.
All the other countries gave their prisoners at least some pocket
money. Even 10-20 euros would’ve been a great help, because you don’t
even get normal soap for free there, not to mention shampoo. You’re
given toothpaste whose "best before" was in 2005 and two 20 x 40 cm
towels for your whole body for half a year.