[tor-talk] Graffiti "rapist lives here" at Jacob Appelbaum's house

Zenaan Harkness zen@freedbms.net
Fri Jun 10 19:02:25 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 06:42:04PM -0400, Kevin wrote:
> We talk about how internet bullying is wrong.  Well, this is internet
> bullying.

This is internet bullying, descended into an internet lynch mobbing,
descended further into physical net vigilante crimes.

The mindset allowing for such descent, and such crimes, I believe arises
from the not-handled suppression/ repression from our government organs.

When we don't handle the bully in our face (papers please show your
license, insert this piece of plastic into an orifice of your body so we
can verify your DNA^Bblood alcohol level, your bank account has just been
fleeced for your oustanding $3K of fines since that's all you had stashed
their and we will take the rest next time you pass, etc etc), we repress
ourselves. We have submitted to a bully, we have accepted by default
(tacitly) an injustice. We are leaving the problem to the next guy as
well, and to who knows perhaps our grandchildren. And the problem is, we
are not leaving the same problem, we are leaving a bigger problem because
the bully got a little bit more confident with his/her bullying.

There are state sponsored bullies, and there are individual bullies.

And the sense of powerlessness which arises since we let so many bullies
(mostly the state sponsored ones) prevail in our weekly lives, leving
these bullies "to the next guy", is a foundation which is ripe for YOU
jumping into a lynch mob!

"Oh look, a single non state sponsored individual who REALLY did something
wrong! Yeah let's crucify him! Crucify him now! I know the courts are
fucked and the police are corrupt, so we must crucify him/her NOW so we
can finally FEEL a bit of justice!"

Fact is, the foundation of a lynch mobber is one of intense cowardice.
The public cricifixion is nothing but a release valve, and the weak (non
state sponsored) individual target of the mob, pays a very high and very
public price for the cowardice of the many.

EVERY one must ask themselves, am I a coward? Am I not doing my part to
handle the bullies in my own life? Am I leaving the problems to the next
guy "who I'm so fucking grateful for, my heroes"?

When will I start living my part for the world I want to live in, which
starts in my own home, my own communities, my own country?

Or will I continue to cowardly leave shit to the next guy...