The Internet As Govt Self Suicide Device

grarpamp grarpamp@gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 23:21:42 PDT 2016

On 6/7/16, jim bell <jdb10987@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  From: juan <juan.g71@gmail.com>
> On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 18:23:17 +0000 (UTC)
> jim bell <jdb10987@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> >Apparently there are a number of easy-to-describe improvements which
>> >could be made to the TOR protocol

Perhaps. Though I think tor's basic design and inertia
may be unsuited to GPA resistant mods, such that new
project[s] would be better ground for trialing that. Doesn't
mean that current nets can't be drawn from.

>> >TOR is a net positive,

For quite some use cases, just not all use cases.

> I've argued for years that the invention of the Internet will eventually be
> seen as a very slow-motion suicide by government.

Gov's don't self suicide. However they may piss other
folks off, who then rise to kill them. Replacing them
with yet another govt. Of course twisting their own
original tools for military comms superiority against
them is always fun, and yes, seen as ironic.

There are also too many places in the world where
govs still have effective control over it... censorship
events, etc... such that govt survival mechanism will
be effective nationalization under "exigent state of emergency".

It may take another 20 years before the race condition
between govts and freedom of the net yields a real winner,
or a real meltdown.

> is on Ethereum and Augur, which will make the prediction market open.
>  Nobody will much care if I donate 0.001 BTC to see the end of
> [fill in the
> blank with the name of your]

...neighbors dog that shits on your lawn and barks all night.
Call it practice for the big game.
With license issued by Anonymous Dept of Parks and Rec.