libsaxolotl

Rayzer rayzer at riseup.net
Tue Jul 26 08:18:27 PDT 2016

On 07/25/2016 10:26 PM, Ted Smith wrote:
> On 07/25/2016 09:27 PM, Александр wrote:
>>
>>     On 07/25/2016 04:42 PM, stef wrote:
>>     > *for those not sabotaging this list with noise, *

>> <mailto:rayzer at riseup.net>>:
>>
>>     If you mean my posts I have two words for you.
>>
>>     *Fuck off.*
>>
>>     If you don't mean my posts backtrack to those two words. They
>>     still apply.
>>
>> *
>> At last!!! At last it's not me or Zen who reply to these kind of
>> shitty claims.
>> *Thank you, Razer!
>>
>> I wonder where is our beloved grarpamp AND Ted-the fucken teddy-bear,
>> who repeat themselves like fascist parrots about censoring the list
>> to the "crypto-shit only"-> sttttop the offtopic "shit".
> I was reading the code. Do you code, Александр? You should really try
> to learn, it's a very empowering experience.

I really really wanted an Altair when I saw it in a boys life magazine
circa 1967-8 but my parents were NEVER going to shell out that kind of
money so I missed the early days of personal computing.

I started with Basic V1.1 on an Epson HX-20 CP/M laptop in the mid-late 80s.

Wrote a terminal/logging program which I used on BBSs and Packet Radio
that ran @1200 baud that would also spit out a printed log of the radio
contact. I wrote it myself from examples provided in the Epson manual
that was full of mistakes I had to debug and correct.

I went to a Tandy ColorComputer and Basic09, then OS9 L1 and L2
(microware for 68XXX chips)

Then I learned a little C, but before I could dig in there was C+ and
C++ and then...

...and then I figured out unless I was getting paid  for writing code so
I could write them off I simply couldn't afford the INCREDIBLY PRICED
books on the subject... A subject that was changing at lightspeed...
before WWW tutorials etc.

I did pick up enough Jscript to get me in trouble though.

I apologize to NO ONE for not posting directly code-related items. That
IS NOT the purpose of this list according to EVERYTHING I've managed to
find about it historically and suspect it just more feudal bullshit from
people who 'came lately' to the coding world, and as I claimed before,
came for the money.

By the time I figured out there was money to be made. I could already
see, considering I lived in the heart of it, all the psychopaths
flocking to 'the next big thing' and decided I would NEVER EVER EVER do
code work for a living (at least in the US). I was looking at Cisco
books laying around at the Gym when CIsco started up and saw that I had
learned 99% of it playing with packet radio, iNos jNos and TPK.

Fuck 'em. Fuck their money. You can train a CHILD or that guy sitting on
the ground downtown panhandling to do coding. It's NOT brain surgery.
And the arrogance of people I see in the industry is still profoundly
disturbing.

Rr