Tech Bashes Trump

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Jul 25 02:45:29 PDT 2016

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 05:06:27AM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> https://shift.newco.co/an-open-letter-from-technology-sector-leaders-on-donald-trumps-candidacy-for-president-5bf734c159e4

Given Hitlery Clinton's war creds, I don't think she's the least-worst
option - if World War 3 erupts the rest is simply irrelevant.

> We are inventors, entrepreneurs, engineers, investors, researchers,
> and business leaders working in the technology sector. We are proud
> that American innovation is the envy of the world, a source of
> widely-shared prosperity, and a hallmark of our global leadership.

USA leadership is defined these days by the CIA. Overthrowing sovereign
nations - now that's leadership that cannot be ignored.

The litany of outsourcing, from North America's industrial base (we've
had the same sellout here in Australia) to China, to H1B visa's, the
destruction of USA's middle class is all but complete now.
This is a very sad thing, and will ultimately affect the 1%ers.

[Here in Australia we have a "negative gearing" tax regime on property
(land, houses and commercial real estate) and so the middle class is
defined by those with real estate assets, since money (fwiw) tends
strongly away from entrepreneurial wealth and into real estate.]

> We believe in an inclusive country that fosters opportunity,
> creativity and a level playing field.

Would be nice if that were true.

> Donald Trump does not.

Can he be much worse than 'the establishment' as represented by Hillary
Clinton (even --if-- this statement is true)?

> He campaigns on anger, bigotry, fear of new ideas and new people,

Trump campaigns on "fear of new ideas"? Now -that's- a new one!

> and a fundamental belief that America is weak and in decline.

This is true - America is a wounded dragon:
http://russia-insider.com/en/american-hegemony-dragon-wounded/ri15797

> We have listened to Donald Trump over the past year and we have
> concluded: Trump would be a disaster for innovation.

I don't know, but I don't believe this is true.

> His vision stands against the open exchange of ideas,

That's an intense statement! That needs unpacking to carry any weight
with me!

> [against] free movement of people,

I think his 'wall across Mexico border' ain't gonna be funded regardless
- that would be pretty funny if it were ever created :)

> and [against] productive engagement with the outside world

Yeah? This is sounding ... political, at this point, rather than
factual.