the most annoying thing about Juan

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Thu Jul 21 21:43:05 PDT 2016

On 07/21/2016 05:31 PM, juan wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 03:54:34 -0600
> Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

<SNIP>

>> It is likely that he pushed his luck too far using Tor.
>

> 	A lot of people in the silk road forum liked to brag about how
> 	clever they were and how good tor was...

Say what you will about Tor, a global drug marketplace is very cool :)

But yes, assumptions are dangerous.

<SNIP>

>>> 	Tell that to freedom hosting and all the rest. I can keep
>>> going in circles, you know, constantly refuting your propaganda...
>>
>> Yes, we do keep coming back to the same circular discussion, don't we?
>

> 	I think you know all the stuff I keep repeating as well as I
> 	do, or perhaps even better. You just don't want to draw any
> 	radical conclusion...

Yes, that about sums it up.

Because that radical conclusion would leave me nothing to work with.

Indeed, we could have the same argument about the machine that I'm
typing this message on. The CPU is a total black box. It could be pwned
as badly as Tor. Firmware could have been pwned.

So I work with what I have, being as careful as I know how.

<SNIP>

>>> 	Would a real anonimity network make it possible to actually
>>> 	cause substantial damage to the government? In that case it
>>> 	might be worthwhile to try it. Perhaps.
>>
>> More than damaged, I want to see governments gone.
>
> 	And you think the pentagon is funding a system that could cause
> 	even a bit of damage to them?

It's possible.

>>> 	But would any government create something that can be used
>>> to destroy it? Obviously not, so your hypothetical is just
>>> 	diversion (in the 'military' sense). Sorry.
>>
>> Sure they would. Nuclear weapons, for example.
>
> 	So how are you going to destroy government using nuclear
> 	weapons? (which you don't have access to anyway)

I don't. But lots of other folks do. Russia could still destroy the US,
and perhaps end civilization as we know it.

<SNIP>

>> Or personal computers and the
>> Internet :)
>
> 	The internet is a tool for total domination.

Well, you do seem willing to use the Internet ;)

<SNIP>