Instead of only bashing tor, why not discuss the alternatives?

John jnn at synfin.org
Thu Jul 21 09:47:12 PDT 2016

On July 21, 2016 11:59:37 AM EDT, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 06:56:56 -0400
>John <jnn at synfin.org> wrote:
>

>> On July 21, 2016 5:21:04 AM EDT, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> >are

>> >	No they are not mine. They belong to the people who the US
>> >	gov't/military robs. No taxes no tor.
>>
>> Well, phrasing I guess, but most of the relays just belong to
>> volunteers.
>
>	Apologies John, I really don't mean to pick on you
>	personally.
>
>	I'd point out though that the organization exists thanks to
>	state funding. The whole thing would be rather different if all
>	the participants were volunteers.
>
>	(are all high speed nodes also run by and paid for volunteers?)

Good question, i actually don't know the answer.. I expect the relationships get pretty incestuous at the higher levels. The top 10 "public" relays are all doing in the range of 50MB/s+.... You can browse the public relays here -

https://atlas.torproject.org/

For comparison, my relay, when it's up, is capped at 200KB/s.

John