the most annoying thing about Juan

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Jul 21 03:34:31 PDT 2016

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 03:54:34AM -0600, Mirimir wrote:
> >> when there are no viable
> >> alternatives, is also at best irresponsible.
> >
> > 	You know there are alternatives. You just were promoting
> > 	vpns a couple of days ago on tor-talk (and I'm glad you were)
>
> Nested VPN chains are also vulnerable to global adversaries. It may be
> that all low-latency anonymity systems that can scale to many users are
> vulnerable to global adversaries.

... which are based on current traditional centralised physical network.

Yes.

Which is why, to get out from the GPAs, we must build a home to home,
neighbour to neighbour, suburb to suburb, global physical network.

> > 	YOU ARE MISAPPLYING THE ARGUMENT and I already explained why,
> > 	twice. Or perhaps ten times. Tor is backdoored by design. GPAs
> > 	have access to the backdoor.
>
> That's not really a backdoor. You argue that Tor is vulnerable to global
> adversaries, and was designed that way. But it's not just Tor. It seems
> that all low-latency anonymity systems that scale to numerous users are
> vulnerable to global adversaries.

ditto - need a new phy layer

If you don't own it, you don't control it.
It you don't control it, it WILL be used against you.

> >> Actually, they pretty much invented it ;)
> >
> > 	Oh yes. We lived in the stone age before the US miliary
> > 	invented duct tape.
>
> Pretty much ;) At least, initial development of computers was mainly
> driven by military.

ATI, bought by AMD, was originally registered as Alien Technologies
Incorporated.

They eventually officially changed their name to just ATI.