IAAF, USA and Canada demand Russian athletes represent "no country" at Olympic games

Sean Lynch seanl at literati.org
Wed Jul 20 12:12:29 PDT 2016

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 11:21 AM Александр <afalex169 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> a system is unsuited to anything but mass construction for mass
>> destruction.
>>
>> The capitalist system is breaking down because the only thing it's good
>> for is war.
>>
> Brilliant!

There was a time when your edits would have bothered me, because what I
thought of as "capitalism" was just people freely exchanging with one
another. But that was just a libertarian attempt to coopt a term that was
originally meant pejoratively. I do believe in free exchange (though "free"
is obviously open to interpretation) and some form of private property
(again, open to interpretation). What I don't believe in is economies
enslaved to the state for the purpose of powering the war machine.