the most annoying thing about Juan

Sean Lynch seanl at literati.org
Tue Jul 19 22:08:04 PDT 2016

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016, 17:29 Ted Smith <tedks at riseup.net> wrote:

> Feel free to tell me how any of that relates, even remotely, to what I
> said.

I think his point is that he would welcome such discussion about other
countries.

Russia has been the West's "whipping boy" since the USSR collapsed. Instead
of dismantling the cold war apparatus as it should have, the US and NATO
just kept right on going. In my opinion the cold warriors and their
children have been trying desperately to ignite a new cold war, and it
seems to me they've succeeded.

One thing I don't quite understand is, why cypherpunks? I don't think you
will find many pro-US-government folks here aside from the fed moles.
Recruiting maybe? The latest Russian surveillance law will probably put a
damper on that.