Two Different Instructors On Using Tor Crypto Etc...

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Tue Jul 19 02:31:09 PDT 2016

On 07/18/2016 03:39 PM, juan wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 04:45:19 -0600
> Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:
>
>> My current working hypothesis is that Tor is not broken/breakable by
>> design.
>

> 	keep sucking mirimir - your friend syverson isn't fully
> 	satisfied yet.

He's not my friend, Juan. He works for the fucking US Navy, after all.

But I do respect him. Think about it. He and his friends got US military
funding for a project that provided deniable and secure communication,
but only by making it public, for use by both funders and their enemies.

It might be that this vulnerability was crucial for selling it to US
military. But that's distinguishable from the argument that it's
intentionally designed to be vulnerable. There's also the fact that
nobody has come up with anything practical that's not vulnerable to
global adversaries. So it seems unlikely that he had such a design that
he put aside as unsellable.