[from offlist] Attempted coup d'etat in Turkey

Rayzer rayzer at riseup.net
Sat Jul 16 21:29:39 PDT 2016

On 07/16/2016 11:58 AM, Marina Brown wrote:
> On 07/16/2016 11:48 AM, Rayzer wrote:
>>
>> On 07/16/2016 04:40 AM, Georgi Guninski wrote:
>>> Consider searching the web for:
>>> news Turkey coup d'etat
>>>
>>> Someone old told me coup d'etat's are common for Turkey, the search
>>> terms are:
>>>
>>> history Turkey coup d'etat
>>>
>>> Does the NATO's Turkey have nukes?
>>>
>> http://nationalinterest.org/feature/turkey-secretly-working-nuclear-weapons-13898
>>

>> NOW, here's a 'conspiracy' theory...
>>
>> A number of Turkish soldiers are saying they thought the coup was a
>> drill... Of course You'd say that too if a firing squad or beheading was
>> the other option.
>>
>> https://twitter.com/AP/status/754295122104348672
>>
>> ON THE OTHER HAND Erdogan could be seen to be setting up a fake coup to
>> use as excuse to kill of dissenting elements in the Turkish Military who
>> say he's trying to create an islamist state and use the puny,
>> half-assed, undermined-from-the-git coup attempt by low-level officers
>> (patsies to you) to cement his power, as dictator, who allows the
>> supplying of ‪‎ISIS‬, and whose son owns the trucks that transport, the
>> refineries that process, the ships that carry to market, oil stolen from
>> Iraq and elsewhere, again, by ISIS.
>>
>> Rr
>>
> Erdogan was busy blaming Gulen, a cleric who runs the equivalent of the
> Turkish Rotary club. In Erdogan's paranoid world view Gulens
> organization which runs a string of business clubs and bording schools
> is really a conspiracy to kick him out of power in Turkey. Anything that
> goes wrong in Turkey to Erdogan is automatically blamed on Gulen.
>
> This is the comical but true illustration of Erdogans view.
>
> --- Marina Brown

That's also my assessment. Gulen had the misfortune to know a RAND
analyst who was CIA and later vouched for him when his visa was
threatened. But he's no Dalai Lama or the guy who defected from the
Libyan army then spent 30 years living in Vienna Va before the CIA
tapped him to lead the nascent groups that killed gadaffi, or a Manny
Noriega. The fact that his visa was threatened says he's involuntary...
Also note no one was saying he'd be invited to the coup party...

MOST writeups claim he's a moderate Sufi with minor mystical tendencies.
I think he's rather stay in Pa.

Rr