Tor project changes directorship

Rayzer rayzer at riseup.net
Thu Jul 14 10:19:03 PDT 2016

On 07/14/2016 09:38 AM, Georgi Guninski wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 07:54:16AM -0700, Rayzer wrote:
>> Do you also believe the bug-bounty program they just activated is there
>> to collect info on people willing to help find tor security flaws so the
>> CIA can spook, stalk, and assassinate those people?
>>
> Is tor's bug bounty still INVITE ONLY? (search the web for reference).
>
> Shit like this doesn't make any sense to me.
>
> Anyway, IMHO the goal of the bounty was to find low hanging fruit
> backdoors, introduced mainly by n-tuple agents with legal write access
> and other actors with illegal write access. As someone wrote long ago,
> "onions are fragile".

Why doesn't that make any sense? The way everyone spews on about it
you'd think if someone actually did fix some holes the gubmint didn't
want fixed they'd be found dead in an alligator-inhabited ditch
somewhere in bumfuck Florida. I'd imagine torproject also want people
who have SOME experience. Does that mean anyone qualified is compromised?