Message from the front lines

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Sun Jul 10 05:07:28 PDT 2016

On Sat, Jul 09, 2016 at 09:17:12PM -0700, Rayzer wrote:
> club. I spent my 18th in the Tombs, 100 Centre St. Manhattan Criminal
> court, for an anti-Vietnam war demo in 1971.
>
> https://twitter.com/StylistComplete/status/751978156123238400

And did the protest change anything?

The protesters are protesting, the screwing is going on with some
damages from both sides.

Long ago, an old man told me wars like in Vietnam were done for beta
testing of weapons and dangerous stuff, especially the side effects.

First they poison them, then they ``heal'' them...

https://embryo.asu.edu/pages/birth-defects-caused-agent-orange
====
In the years following the Vietnam War reports, of high rates
of miscarriages, premature births, congenital birth defects,
and infant mortality began to surface from regions in Vietnam
where Agent Orange was used.

the United States Government passed the Agent Orange Act. This act
mandates the US government to pay for the medical care of any
Vietnam War veteran, regardless of length of service, related to an Agent Orange disease.

====

IIRC, the USA gave its Vietnamese soldiers psychoactive drugs (some
for being brave) and some of the drugs were found to have very
adverse side effects. Don't have better reference ATM than this:

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/04/the-drugs-that-built-a-super-soldier/477183/

===
The British philosopher Nick Land aptly described the Vietnam War as
“a decisive point of intersection between pharmacology and the technology of violence.”

Committee on Crime revealed that from 1966 to 1969, the armed forces had
used 225 million tablets of stimulants, mostly Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine),
an amphetamine derivative that is nearly twice as strong as the Benzedrine used in the Second World War.

For the first time in military history, the prescription of potent antipsychotic
drugs like chlorpromazine, manufactured by GlaxoSmithKlinea ... became
routine.
===