gmail usage

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Sat Jul 9 08:45:04 PDT 2016

On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 08:05:29AM -0400, John Newman wrote:
> Do any gmail users (which I've noticed there a lot of on the list,
> as well as in real life, heh) feel at all threatened by what Google
> is doing with access to your entire mail stream? They've publicly
> stated users have no "reasonable expectation of privacy".

I don't use gmail and g00gle just reading my plaintext email is one of
the reasons. They might sell it to their comrades. And to have gmail
account, they want working mobile phone, which is totally unacceptable
for me.

> Or do you consider the internet so pwned that it doesnt matter?

If you ask me, the internet pwned beyond compare. Backdoors almost
anywhere. Bugs everywhere. Steady supply of fresh bugs.
(JYA might comment about the state of security too).