Happy 4 July!!!

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 09:55:47 PDT 2016

On 7/8/16, Rayzer <rayzer at riseup.net> wrote:
> On 07/08/2016 12:06 AM, grarpamp wrote:
>> And one nutbag properly arrested...
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebv-B1B3LI0

As with the other, seems this guy just chose a nutty
outfit, thus making the interaction quite remarkable.

> The first time I ever saw Telnet /(the occupation of Courant Physics
> Institute NYU during the Cambodia/Laos invasion student strike... ALMOST
> got to take a fireaxe to an Arpanet machine!)/ I thought Jeez! If you
> could get US kids chatting with Vietnamese kids the government could

International telnet / ntalk / IRC from the student computer labs / dialup...
this was a thing in the late 80's and 90's, way before AIM / ICQ / facebook.
Not encrypted, not really anonymized, probably not even tapped, and
personal, as opposed being any part at all to news media with their wire.
Though of course western europe and a few select institutions outside
were the only ones reasonably well connected and free and english
speaking on the other end... germany, england, finns, brit colonies.
Scanned pictures then, and now video transcends written language,
just a mouse click away.