Happy 4 July!!!

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 10:27:27 PDT 2016

                                  (south park - season 7 ep 1)

Adams: 	We must go to war!

Dickinson: 	But what about the violence?! The lives lost?! If we
found a country, it should be founded on peace and diplomacy.

Congressman 1: 	England will only understand one thing: Force.

Congressman 2: 	[rises] I must state again for the record that
South Carolina, North Carolina,
 Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Georgia are against war! [pounds the table
 with his fist]

Congressman 3: 	Yeah, because you don't care
 about the fate of the Colonies like we do! You're all unpatriotic! And
 if you don't like the Colonies, then you can git out!

Dickinson:
 	Don't you call us unpatriotic! We're protesting this war
 because we care so deeply for the fate of our Colonies! You are all
 unpatriotic for leading the Colonies into a war that half of them
 don't want! [the various Congressmen begin squabblig with each other]

Cartman: 	[observing] Whoa, how very very relevant.

Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble
Rabble Rabble!

Dickinson: 	We cannot found a country based on
war!

Adams: 	We cannot found a country that is afraid to fight!

Congressman: 	Rabble!

Congressmen: 	Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble!

[the doors open and in walks an august figure. The boisterous voices
become hushed] Oh my, it's Benjamin Franklin. It's Benjamin Franklin.
It's Benjamin Franklin. [they keep murmuring this as Franklin walks
towards the main desk]

Cartman: 	Oh, it's Benjamin Franklin. It's Benjamin Franklin.
It's Benjamin Franklin.

Hancock: 	Mr. Franklin, where do you stand on the war issue?

Franklin: 	I believe that if we are to form a new country, we
cannot be a country that appears war-hungry and violent to the rest of
the world. However, we also cannot be a country that appears weak and
unwilling to fight to the rest of the world. So, what if we form a
country that appears to want both?

Jefferson: 	Yes. Yes of course. We go to war, and
protest going to war at the same time.

Dickinson: 	Right. If the people of our new country are allowed
to do whatever they wish, then some will support the war and some will
protest it.

Franklin:      And that means that as a nation, we could go to war
with whomever we wished, but at the same time, act like we didn't want
to. If we allow the people to protest what the government does, then the
country will be forever blameless.

Adams: 	[holding a slice of chocolate
cake] It's like having your cake, and eating it, too.

Congressman 2:	Think of it: an entire nation founded on saying
one thing and doing another.

Hancock: 	And we will call that country the
United States of America.