[OT] Fwd: [ddj] Scanning the Dark Web with Python

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Jul 29 02:00:15 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 08:00:01AM +0200, Bastiani Fortress wrote:
>    Do you people have some methods for concentration? I have little
>    time after works and one day i start to develop a c++ game i
>    started months ago and never looked back, another day i try to
>    learn ruby by adding random functionality to an online todo-listish
>    project which will obviously reach a dead end eventually, some
>    other days i try pic stuff on breadboards... When i take a timeout
>    at work, i try to read papers on network protocols, and sometimes
>    bitcoin, and sometimes other crypto stuff... It does give a
>    momentary satisfaction, but the thing is, nothing ever gets done in
>    the end. I started to think that being able to reach knowledge this
>    easily (smartphones, wikipedia, sci-hub, etc.) perhaps isn't a good
>    thing, and diverts focus.

Indeed, in an age where we have unlimited access to information, the
hardest thing can be deciding what to say no to, what to ignore.

So for success, hone your skill of determining what to ignore, as early
and quickly as possible, so that the limited time you do spend on
anything is spent on worthwhile things.
</polemically stating the obvious>