A Sense of Historical Guilt Prevents Germans From Coping with Terrorism

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Jul 24 17:58:11 PDT 2016

This is a personal reflection/ polemic by a 2nd generation Russian born
and bred in Germany:
"I am the daughter of a veteran of WWII, a Soviet soldier who fought
fascism with his own hands, and yet I have a guilt complex because I’m
German. That’s the problem."

A Sense of Historical Guilt Prevents Germans From Coping with Terrorism
 Even 3rd generation emigrants have a weird identity as German speaking
 aliens

Xenia Zinoviev

The author is a RI correspondent born in Munich and daughter of
Alexander Zinoviev, the Soviet political exile who spent 21 years in
Germany before returning to Russia in 1999 in protest against NATO
bombing of Yugoslavia.

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/sense-historical-guilt-prevents-germans-coping-terrorism/ri15802