#BlackLivesMatter: Chrome extension de-euphemize certain common phrases

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Fri Jul 22 11:46:50 PDT 2016

On 07/22/2016 09:51 AM, Rayzer wrote:

> Ps. I consider that extension, even tho I don't use Chrome, an
> Effective Use of Technology for Social Change.
>
> The possibilities are limitless! Marketable as "The de-programming
> tool on your browser bar"
>
> For instance, Georgi, on another thread
>
> "Are there scientific papers calling sheeple and the financial
> system with their true names?"

Can't say that I see much value in toys created for the purpose of
reinforcing the brand loyalty of Sheeple 2.0 with regard to whatever
Identity Politics trap they have fallen into.  Of course if you /want/
to deploy a stupidity amplifier, anything that constantly reminds a
True Believer that he or she is better than other people will do the
trick.  Does your bright idea help mutually alienate people who might
otherwise band together to promote their common interests at the
expense of their rulers?  Apply for a grant!

Identity politics works by conditioning people to pin their self
esteem on the inherent superiority of their racial, language,
national, economic, social and/or political in-group.  Strict
compliance with the pseudo-gang's rigid stereotypical beliefs and
behaviors makes the faithful Somebodies, and prevents them from
associating with hated Others.

Like all effective propaganda platforms, identity politics formalizes
and exploits a pre-existing human weakness, in this case the so-called
herd instinct.  Identity politics is maintained and advanced through
strategy that consistently scapegoats and demonizes targeted Others
and, to a lesser extent, anyone else who fails to hear and obey the
correct Party Line.  Logic, reason and practicality are off the table,
although simulating these to provide "proofs" of what Believers
already believe is an important part of the complete and balanced
propaganda breakfast.  It's easy, because all issues are reduced to
binary us versus them issues.  The more valid an evidence based
criticism of any article of faith, the more desperately the true
believer clutches for straws:  It doesn't take much to "rescue" them
from wrong thinking.

Otherwise sane and rational people become easily led animals when they
fall under the spell of identity politics; a high IQ only means
superior internal resources for rationalizing ignorant beliefs.
That's where Knee Jerk Reactionary Republicans, Yellow Dog Democrats
and other packaged personlike Product comes from, and how segmented
markets are herded into battles that assure a populace so divided
against itself that its rulers have a free hand to do whatever they
want unopposed, except by easily marginalized outliers and minorities.

Funny thing:  Lots of readers will agree with the above assessment,
because it applies to ignorant easily led Other People, proving that
their own identity group is better.

:o/