the most annoying thing about Juan

John jnn at synfin.org
Thu Jul 21 04:15:56 PDT 2016

On July 21, 2016 5:54:34 AM EDT, Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:
>On 07/21/2016 02:46 AM, juan wrote:

>>> What you say is possible.
>>
>> 	Possible?
>>
>> 	Do you think that the utah datacenter is fantasy, that the
>> 	klein 'disclosures' about ATT are fantasy, that all the
>> 	snowden stuff is fantasy, etc?
>>
>> 	Those are not possibilities, those are facts.
>
>Your claims go far beyond any evidence that I've seen.
>
>>> Except, of course, for those with privileged information about US
>>> military capabilities ;)
>>

>> 	The info is in the fucking public domain. And,  considering
>> 	what's in the public domain, even retards should assume that
>> 	their 'secret' capabilities are even bigger.
>
>That's a fair argument. But again, you work with what you have.
>
>>> Tor Project says:

>>> You warn people not to use Tor, because it's useless against US
>>> military.
>>
>> 	and even against the FBI, actually. Oh, here's more very old
>> 	news
>>
>> 	'DEA and NSA Team Up to Share Intelligence, Leading to Secret
>> 	Use of Surveillance in Ordinary Investigations"
>>

>	https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/08/dea-and-nsa-team-intelligence-laundering
>>

>>> And as I recall, you also reject Tor on moral grounds,
>>> because US military uses it for evil.
>>
>> 	I am a libertarian. I correctly recognize the US military as
>> 	the biggest threat to civilization on the whole fucking planet.
>
>We all use knives, which military use to kill. One of my favorites is
>an
>old German gravity knife, used by paratroopers. It's very convenient
>for
>one-handed use.
>
>>> I consider both positions to be irresponsible. Conning people into
>>> using Tor recklessly, with insecure setups, is at best
>irresponsible.
>>> If the goal is cover traffic for US military, it's malicious.
>>>
>>> But frightening people from using Tor,
>>

>> 	I am not frightening anyone. I'm telling people the truth. Had
>> 	people like Ulbricht assumed that tor was fucked he wouldn't be
>> 	roting in jail right now, for instance.
>
>If he had done it without Tor, he would have been in jail a lot sooner!
>
>It is likely that he pushed his luck too far using Tor.

His opsec was horrible even aside from tor. He kept all his torchat logs archived on his laptop, in addition to journals describing the entire creation of the silk road, including the (ridiculous) "murder contracts", etc.

But they did find his "hidden" server and get it cloned before all of this, so blaming tor is not unreasonable.

John