Instead of only bashing tor, why not discuss the alternatives?

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 02:21:04 PDT 2016

On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 16:51:49 +0000
Sean Lynch <seanl at literati.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 2:59 PM juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 11:44:16 +0300
> > Georgi Guninski <guninski at guninski.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Instead of only bashing tor, why not discuss the alternatives and
> > > move to something allegedly better?
> >

> >         We need to get rid of tor first. Resources wasted on tor are
> >         resources that can't be used in good projects.
> >

> They are not your resources to redirect,

	No they are not mine. They belong to the people who the US
	gov't/military robs. No taxes no tor.

> but the resources expended
> on Tor are tiny compared to, say, Bitcoin.

	What, the pentagon puts more money on bitcoin than tor?? =)

> Or even just Ethereum.
> This is not a good argument, and I think it may be motivated by your
> own personal feelings about Tor.

	My feelings about tor are the logical result of basic moral
	principles, reasoning and bla bla bla.

	I am not a 10 year old girl having a fit about dressing.
	And actually I'd expect 10 year old kids to be smarter about
	authority and the establishment than any tor apologist =P

	Tor is criminal garbage created by the pentagon to serve their
	ends. It would be very weird for a libertarian anarchist(your
	caee I think?) to believe otherwise.

> Which you are perfectly entitled to
> have, but you should not be surprised when people who do not share
> those feelings don't find your arguments based on them compelling.

	Come on Sean, do not take me for an idiot. My arguments are
	arguments. They are not based on 'feelings'.

	If anything the people driven by feelings, not logic and
	evidence, are the tor supporters.