IAAF, USA and Canada demand Russian athletes represent "no country" at Olympic games

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Jul 20 16:33:06 PDT 2016

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 07:12:29PM +0000, Sean Lynch wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 11:21 AM Александр <afalex169 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> a system is unsuited to anything but mass construction for mass
> >> destruction.
> >>
> >> The capitalist system is breaking down because the only thing it's good
> >> for is war.
> >
> > Brilliant!
>
> There was a time when your edits would have bothered me, because what I
> thought of as "capitalism" was just people freely exchanging with one
> another. But that was just a libertarian attempt to coopt a term that was
> originally meant pejoratively. I do believe in free exchange (though "free"
> is obviously open to interpretation) and some form of private property
> (again, open to interpretation). What I don't believe in is economies
> enslaved to the state for the purpose of powering the war machine.

Oh, I believe in them - they are very real and dangerous and need to be
dismantled. I assume that's what you meant though :)

BTW, <Russian fan boy hat again> USSR, as well as Russia, has proposed
and wanted, a few times, to get going on reducing the nuclear missile
stockpiles, at least once even proposing to reduce them to zero. It was
always North America (BMIC I assume) that would not go there...