IAAF, USA and Canada demand Russian athletes represent "no country" at Olympic games

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Jul 20 05:45:57 PDT 2016

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 07:35:52AM -0400, John Newman wrote:

> > On Jul 19, 2016, at 7:02 PM, Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
> >
> > So you're American, and some rogue trainers, agency guys and atheletes
> > have been doping, like say your cyclists, sprinters and the odd swimmer.
> >
> > Since this doping scandal is "systemic" in North Amerika, it is
> > evidently appropriate to ban all American's from participating at the
> > games, unless they can prove their innocence.
> >
> Yes doping is a huge fucking problem in every country that can afford
> it. However, the US of Ass, as tyrannical a bunch of fucks as they
> are, have not had a whistle blower like Roschenkov come forward and
> make broad claims that there is US govmt sponsored doping program,
> with the CIA acting as facilitators for clean blood / urine / drugs...
> as your surely must know, this has happened for Russia.

A whistleblower is someone who provides facts/ data such as emails,
letters, you know, the sort of stuff that Wikileaks would publish if it
were compelling and likely to be true or verifiable in some way.

There was in fact talk of the entire US cycling team being banned some
years back.

Anyway, even if the your government were shown to be encouraging their
athletes to use doping enhancement drugs, if you were personally not
using drugs, would you consider it due process of law that you were
blanket banned from participating in the Olympic games and, due to your
patriotism, representing your country?

I would stand for your right to participate and represent your country.
The alternative is guilt by association, penalty without trial and
conviction; this alternative would imply a political campaign of abuse
of fairness and due process and would personally stand vehemently
against that, no matter the country targetted, ON PRINCIPLE!

Seems to me there is this mindset in America that the law/ judicial
process/ democratic principles/ international law, all of these things
should be bypassed - there should be no checks and balances, merely the
say so of a disgruntled or paid-off "whistleblower" who only says "he
said she said", i.e. hear say only.

On principle this is the pathway to despotism. Allow such despotism
against your enemies and ultimately you allow despotism, in principle,
against yourself.

How we treat our purported "enemies" and "bad guys" when they are in a
position of weakness and we are holding the cards of power (/ political
correctness/ purported authority, etc) - THAT makes the mark of a nation
and a man!

America be a mighty bully at this point in history ... we must stand
against bullying, on all levels!

> I would swear it seems like you must be getting paid by the FSB for
> much of this pro-Russian Rah-rah-Putin-is-our-man shit you spout Zen,
> if I didn't know better ;) (which I don't) Or maybe it's "ideological"

Principled ~= ideological. Guilty as charged...

(PS, 'shit' aint shit, if it's true; and how else do you suggest we
judge a man except by his words and his deeds?)