the most annoying thing about Juan

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 14:38:42 PDT 2016

On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 03:40:20 -0600
Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

> On 07/19/2016 03:15 AM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> > The dawning inescapable realisation that "he's right" and was right
> > all along about Tor Inc.
>
> Well, I wouldn't go that far ;)
>
> If Tor were actually secure, I could accept that US government uses it
> for evil.

	So Mirimir, what's the problem here? Am I failing to explain
	fuckingly basic facts or are you playing dumb?

	Tor IS actually secure IF YOU ARE THE FUCKING US MILITARY. If
	on the other hand you are one of their TARGETS then tor IS NOT
	SECURE.

	Is something unclear?

> It's the same argument that we make about encryption
> generally.

	No it is not. You are *misaplying* the argument.

> Systems with backdoors can't be secure. And you can't keep
> anyone from using anonymity systems without backdoors.

	Yes you can if access to the backdoor requires capabilities
	that your enemies don't have.

> As I understand Juan's position, that wouldn't work for him.

	What wouldn't work?