Two Different Instructors On Using Tor Crypto Etc...

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 14:34:26 PDT 2016

On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 03:31:09 -0600
Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

> On 07/18/2016 03:39 PM, juan wrote:
> > On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 04:45:19 -0600
> > Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:
> >
> >> My current working hypothesis is that Tor is not broken/breakable
> >> by design.
> >

> > 	keep sucking mirimir - your friend syverson isn't fully
> > 	satisfied yet.
>
> He's not my friend, Juan. He works for the fucking US Navy, after all.
>
> But I do respect him. Think about it. He and his friends got US
> military funding for a project that provided deniable and secure
> communication, but only by making it public, for use by both funders
> and their enemies.

	Oh come on Mirimir. As 'we' know, they did the only thing they
	could have done.

	The only way for them to be able to exploit their users as
	cover is by making the system 'public' and 'free'. They didn't
	do it because of ANY altruistic and humanitarian motivation.
	They had no other choice, and it was good propaganda to boot!

	So,

	1) They need human shields, their abused 'users'

	2) The system doesn't pose a threat to 'GPAs' - that is the
	system doesn't pose a threat to its owner, the US military.

> It might be that this vulnerability was crucial for selling it to US
> military. But that's distinguishable from the argument that it's
> intentionally designed to be vulnerable.

	The distinction looks rather subtle. It's actually invisible and
	non-existent from my point of view...

> There's also the fact that
> nobody has come up with anything practical that's not vulnerable to
> global adversaries.

	Hardly surprising cosidering how powerful the US government is
	and how far its control over 'industry' and 'academy' goes. It
	includes the 'community' of sold out 'hackers' too.

	Also, it should be obvious that having bad and *subsidized*
	systems like tor fucks up the 'market' for security.