Instead of only bashing tor, why not discuss the alternatives?

Jason Richards jjr2 at gmx.com
Tue Jul 19 03:44:17 PDT 2016

>> 1. What are alternatives to tor (possibly with less functionality)?
>
> I2P has been touted, but despite a stated intention, it still lacks
> the most relevant fundamental enhancement over tor:
> - chaff traffic (i.e. maintain e.g. a 15kibps connection to each of my
>   direct peers, throtting and chaff-filling as needed to achieve that)

I2P is a good contender to replace hidden services, but isn't really
designed to replace the routing/anonymization for access to the
clearnet. Maybe JAP for that aspect? Tor has a lot of traction, I don't
see anything replacing it until/unless it disappears. Any overlay
network has a lot of hard yards to do to become popular, as Tor and I2P
have discovered.