Who owns merica's debt? (And the chinese involvement)

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 12:57:32 PDT 2016

On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 14:11:01 +0300
Georgi Guninski <guninski at guninski.com> wrote:

> Who owns merica's debt? (And the chinese involvement)
>
> This was intended as reply to juan's reply, but deserves
> another thread.
>
> juan claimed the chinese are against 'merica.

	Not exactly. I am well aware that the chinese oligarchs are in
	bed with western oligarchs to...various extents.

	I said it would be a good thing if russia/china opposed the US,
	but it's not something that's happening to any serious degree,
	I'd say.

> i thought that the chinese are the main 'merica public debt
> creditor,

	Which means that the working chinese have been forced by their
	own government to finance the americunt-wall-street financial
	mafia. Good for goldman-sachs. Bad for Mr. Li.

> but can't find reference for this on the
> interwebz.
>
> Partial results:
>
> CNN [sic]
> http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/10/news/economy/us-debt-ownership/ | Who
> owns America's debt?
>
> | Donald Trump says he can "make a deal" on America's debt.
>
> | Last week, he implied that he could negotiate with America's
> creditors to get them to accept a lower rate of repayment, such as 85
> cents for every dollar.
>
> | The top holder by far is U.S. citizens and American entities, such
> as state and local governments, pension funds, mutual funds, and the
> Federal Reserve. Together they own the vast majority -- 67.5% -- of
> the debt.

	Governments 'lending' money to themselves, which seems pretty
	absurd, simply means that they keep printing billions out of
	thin air.  Need money? Just print it! Isn't socialized banking
	amazing.

> | China's share of the debt is sizable -- about 7% -- but it's hardly
> the largest holder of U.S. government bonds.
>
> What do you expect from 'mericuns? They are creditors of
> themselves, lol. And they "negotiate" paying less...

	Yeah, all creditors are equal, but some creditors are more
	equal than others. Some creditors are going to lose more than
	others...

> Though the chinese give mericuns virtual money, they don't mind
> stealing from them:
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/07/15/hacker_gets_46_months_cooler_time_for_shipping_f35_f22_secrets_to_pla/
>
> | Chinese national Su Bin has been sentenced to 46 months jail after
> admitting his role in stealing information on the Lockheed F-22 and
> F-35 aircraft, along with Boeing's C-17 cargo plane.

	Stealing from the biggest thieves on the world? =)