on grokiing intention

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Jul 17 20:47:26 PDT 2016

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 06:04:56PM -0300, juan wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 02:02:20 +1000
> Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
>
> > Perhaps we can agree on the following:
> >
> > 1. I have posted a lot of pro-Russia articles.
> >
> > 2. Before today I had not clarified in simple terms my belief that
> > Russia is the only reason BRICS could be created, and the only reason
> > other nations have the guts to stand together against the attacks from
> > the USA.
>
> 	We can argue/agree that having an alliance against the US is a
> 	good thing, in the short term at least. However...
>

> > Putin rescuing Russia from destruction as a nation, is a good thing?
>
> 	...however, to go from the general idea of russia and china
> 	counterbalancing the anglo-american nazis to saying that putin
> 	is a great guy is...totally unwarrented.
>
> 	As a matter of fact, I can argue that putin is a lot more
> 	friendly to his alleged 'western' enemies that he pretends to
> 	be.

And I'd agree with you.

Putin sure wanted and tried hard over many years to create an alliance
with the west, and genuine state-level economically mutually beneficial
"partnership", with perks of "fighting the same 'bad' guys together".

Over and over he kept/ keeps getting snubbed - so yes, the lack of any
rapproachment between Russia and USA is certainly not for want of Russia
trying...

Perhaps this failure of USA to get in bed with Russia is a better long
term outcome; I suspect so.