Tor Replaces Its Entire Board

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Fri Jul 15 03:09:37 PDT 2016

> On Jul 15, 2016, at 2:27 AM, Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:
>

> On 07/14/2016 11:16 PM, Rayzer wrote:
>
> [ Ker-SNIP! ]
>
>> There's an "orchestrasted institutional slander campaign", by people who
>> have a bone to pick with ioerror, and it doesn't seem to be the 'bone'
>> that allegedly got rammed up their allegedly unwilling asses or else
>> there's be a police report from ONE OF THEM by now, and for your
>> information, NUTJOB, I have no friends that came from ANYTHING related
>> to computers or the industry. I make acquaintances with Libertarian
>> psychopaths (like you nutjob), I don't befriend them.
>>
>> ArAr
>
> I have myself been declared a motherfucker by Juan's executive fiat,
> though not if I recall correctly a Statist Pig.  Perhaps this post will
> rectify that deficiency.  Only time will tell.
>
> Not everyone seems to be in agreement about how horrible ioerror is.
> His defenders include at least one individual who isn't afraid of
> disclosing information that she knows sounds "paranoid," in the process
> of disclosing her take on Jake.
>
> https://contraspin.co.nz/tag/jacob-appelbaum/
>
> https://suzi3d.com/
>
> The absence of any legal proceedings, criminal or civil, seems rather a
> big data point.  Lots of people are willing to throw stones, nobody is
> willing to face a potential perjury charge or countersuit.  Maybe nobody
> was actually harmed, beyond hurt feelings.
>
> Any male geek person with Our Mr. Applebaum's "celebrity" status who is
> also (in my heteronormative radical queer opinion) good looking, is very
> likely to avail himself of the sexual perquisites of social prestige.
> If that is the case with Our Mr. Applebaum, it would inevitably result
> in at least /some/ hurt feelings, even if he was a perfect fucking
> knight in shining armor - which he probably ain't, because who is?
>
> Pardon my macroaggression, but there is a very current Identity Politics
> fad for cutting all Male Pigs down to size, and its fan base demographic
> intersects with the fan base of everything that even looks "radical and
> culturally cutting edge" to a fuzzy studies major, including the TOR
> Project.  In this social matrix, acts of simple careless idiocy, devoid
> of malice and producing no real harm, could lead to all of the charges
> we have seen.
>
> If you are of a paranoid bent, ask whether a political warfare operation
> could produce the exact results seen in Our Mr. Applebaum's recent
> history.  Seeking out unsatisfied customers of Brand Jake who are
> associated with evangelists for Feminazi fashion would be a snap:
> Thanks to ubiquitous surveillance with automated social network mapping
> and psychographic classification, finding people matching the desired
> profile and history would only require a work order.  Develop one agent
> - witting or not - and the rest handles itself.  (If, and please pardon
> [...]

Wtf is or was so important about Appelbaum that would lead to any kind of massive conspiratorial smear campaign? Who gains from taking him down? He may talk about him a lot, but he's not Julian Assange.

Maybe he was just a douche bag with a few people too many and they threw up some exaggerated reports to get him chucked.

In any event, he doesn't seem to be fighting back particularly hard.

John