Tor Replaces Its Entire Board

Rayzer rayzer at riseup.net
Thu Jul 14 07:35:02 PDT 2016

On 07/13/2016 09:28 PM, Mirimir wrote:
> On 07/13/2016 09:44 PM, Rayzer wrote:
>>
>> On 07/13/2016 08:17 PM, grarpamp wrote:
>>> https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-project-elects-new-board%C2%A0-directors
>>> http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/14/technology/tor-project-a-digital-privacy-group-reboots-with-new-board.html
>>>
>>> Tor guts itself.
>>> And under whatever your definition of "elects" is.
>>>
>>> Note the headline pic... can't fade me brahs, still reppin :)
>>>

>> C'mon...
>>
>> Someone say something truly stupid like "Bruce Schneier is a sleeper for
>> the CIA to make sure Tor stays insecure."
> No, he's the token good guy ;)

Point taken. That's the way the local city council is populated (if
you're socially to the left of fascists).

One advantage I can see with Schneier is there's someone on the board to
toot their horn if they find or hear about something amiss, and the
personal infosec capability to front other whistleblowers without
blowing their cover  I don't think he has any qualms about doing that
and DOES NOT NEED torproject to be celebrity nor can they really damage
his rep.

It's unlikely that what happened to ioerror could be done to him because
A, he's not sub-culturally affiliated, whatever you want that to mean...
B... He was a hardcore CIA intel analyst and his persec is going to be
uncrackeable by the kind of jokers he might encounter at torproject.

Therefore I think he's more than appropriate as a watchdog...