The FBI Says Its Malware Isn't Malware Because The FBI Is Good

Cecilia Tanaka cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 07:54:55 PDT 2016

On Jul 13, 2016 10:16 AM, "Zenaan Harkness" <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 09:37:30AM -0300, Cecilia Tanaka wrote:
> >
> > The FBI Says Its Malware Isn't Malware Because The FBI Is Good.
>
> But the individuals ARE all good - everyone has GOOD in them, and they
act according to their schooling and training and upbringing, as best they
can - they're just doing their jobs you see.

The Latin word "mal"  (or "malus"),  used as root in several Latin
languages, means “bad” or “evil".  It was used in the origins of the words
"malice" and "malicious".

The etymology of this word makes explicit its meaning.  It is a "malicious
software".  An intentionally harmful software.

If you want to believe a "malware" can be a "goodware"  - or something
similar -  because people are good, is your option, but it definitely is
*not* a wise choice, in my humble opinion.