"The West" - an absolute disgrace to Humanity!

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Jul 9 16:36:13 PDT 2016

On Sat, Jul 09, 2016 at 07:52:34PM +0200, Tomasz Rola wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 09, 2016 at 10:33:58PM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> > >    This rhetoric—calling it an argument would overstate its relation
> > >    to facts—has recently come into vogue among Russian
> > >    historians. Under their interpretation of history, the struggle
> > >    that began with the German invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941
> > >    continues for Russia today, in a direct line through the
> > >    generations, with the conflict in Ukraine. That is the connection
> > >    President Vladimir Putin first presented to the Russian people in
> > >    March, when he sent his troops to invade and annex the Ukrainian
> > >    region of Crimea.
> >
> > "Invasion" of Crimea by Russia in 2014? Please!
> >
> > If the actions of Russia in the face of the Azov battalian's "peace
> > train" to Crimea, a referendum, secession and joining to Russia, without
> > a single bullet fired, is supposed to be a "Russian invasion", then the
> > world does not have much to worry about with Russia.
>
> I guess Russia is no longer powerful enough to openly break treaties
> it signed:
>
> [
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum_on_Security_Assurances
>
> ]
>
>    "The Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances refers to three
>    identical political agreements signed in Budapest, Hungary on 5
>    December 1994, providing security assurances by its signatories
>    relating to Belarus', Kazakhstan's and Ukraine's accession to the
>    Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons. The Memorandum
>    was originally signed by three nuclear powers, the Russian
>    Federation, the United States of America, and the United
>    Kingdom. China and France gave somewhat weaker individual
>    assurances in separate documents.
>
>    The memorandum included security assurances against threats or use
>    of force against the territorial integrity or political
>    independence of Ukraine, Belarus and Kazakhstan."
>
> In light of this act, if I was responsible for Russian politics, and I
> received a plea to join Russia by a foreign party belonging to country
> which integrity I myself guaranteed - such a plea would smell rather
> fishy to me. Unless, of course, I predicted great bonuses if I agree
> and let them join me. Never mind that right now there is huge loss of
> money for Russia, they will replenish their finances in a future,
> somehow.

How can you stomach saying that and in the same breath you decry
America's most blatant coup in history overthrowing ... Ukraine?!

Oh, that's right, what America does is not bad, what Russia does cannot
be anything BUT bad, because, -Russians-!

And of course, you read Putin's Crimea speech.

You must be Polish. Sorry, I mean American.

I won't dignify the rest with any further reply, you are trolling.