comprehending the heart's nationalism

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 12:29:22 PDT 2016

On Fri, 8 Jul 2016 23:03:00 -0600
Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

> >> 	Was there an option to not join any state?
> >
> > I suspect not, but in the context, I think that would literally have
> > been suicide. Or endless civil war as we see since then (the last
> > two years) in eastern Ukraine.
>
> I find it hard to imagine how anarchist societies could develop in our
> currently state-dominated world.

	Well, the statists can simply leave the anarchists alone. Sure
	it's unlikely, but it's simple.

	But my point was that the referendum wasn't especially
	pristine.

	The soundest pro russian argument here may be that the russians
	didn't raze crimea to the ground...which is something the NATO
	humanitarians were more likely to do.

> Anarchist societies have survived
> through isolation, and some still do. But how does that work in places
> under active state contention?
>
> Also, anarchy seems to work best when everyone is more-or-less equally
> powerful. Everyone has the same weapons, for example. In science
> fiction, anarchist societies typically depend on some new technology
> that eliminates states' power monopoly.

	What technologies? The only 'technology' I can imagine making a
	difference would be some sort of physical shield that would
	make it impossible for individuals to be physically attacked.

> Maybe it'll be the
> Singularity.

	The sigularity is singular bullshit. If anything it seems
	likely to replace(i. e. kill) humanity with a bunch of
	motherfucking psychos like kurzweil and the rest of master-race
	'elite' lunatics.