"The West" - an absolute disgrace to Humanity!

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Fri Jul 8 20:09:23 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 08, 2016 at 04:07:03PM +0300, Александр wrote:
> Sending it from Zenaan. His ISP plays with him...

[...]
>                      All hail Ukraine!
>    Home of the direct second and third generation Nazis!

Ugh. I tried to google who else Russians may call a nazi, because it is
so hard to believe there is only one such country in a whole big
world. But gog could not find anything interesting, other than this:

[

http://time.com/3545855/russia-ukraine-war-history/

]

   Russians Rewrite History to Slur Ukraine Over War
   Simon Shuster / Moscow @shustry
   Oct. 29, 2014

(quotations start here)

   Vladimir Putin has turned the idea of fascism into a political
   tool, and now Russian historians are adapting to the Kremlin line

   The trio of German historians, as well as a handful of their
   colleagues from Eastern Europe, flew into Moscow last week for what
   they thought would be a conference on the history of Nazi war
   crimes. It was the fifth in a series of international summits held
   every other year since 2006, first in Berlin and Cologne, then in
   Slovakia and Belarus, to keep alive the memory of the towns and
   villages destroyed during World War II. But the German co-chairman
   of the conference, Sven Borsche, began to feel that something was
   amiss in Moscow as soon as he met his Russian hosts. “All they
   wanted to talk about was the conflict in Ukraine,” he says.

   Even without the simultaneous translations provided for the foreign
   guests, they would have gotten the political message. The
   photographs shown by several of the Russian speakers put the
   atrocities of the Nazi SS right alongside pictures from the current
   war in eastern Ukraine. There is not much difference, the Russian
   historians suggested, between the actions of the Ukrainian military
   in its war against separatist rebels and the atrocities that
   Hitler’s forces committed during World War II.

(...)

   This rhetoric—calling it an argument would overstate its relation
   to facts—has recently come into vogue among Russian
   historians. Under their interpretation of history, the struggle
   that began with the German invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941
   continues for Russia today, in a direct line through the
   generations, with the conflict in Ukraine. That is the connection
   President Vladimir Putin first presented to the Russian people in
   March, when he sent his troops to invade and annex the Ukrainian
   region of Crimea. The Russian-speaking residents of that peninsula,
   he said in a speech on the day of the annexation, need Russia’s
   protection from Ukraine’s new leaders, whom he referred to as
   “neo-Nazis and anti-Semites.” Ukraine’s ensuing war to prevent
   Russia from seizing any more of its territory has likewise been
   branded a fascist campaign against ethnic Russians.

(...)

   As these speeches were translated for the foreign delegates,
   including guests from the Czech Republic and Slovakia, their faces
   turned gradually from confusion to disgust. Joerg Morre, the
   director of Berlin’s Karlhorst Museum, which focuses on the history
   of the eastern front in World War II, began to fidget in his
   seat. “I mean, to show the photographs of the Second World War and
   then switch in the next slide to what’s happening in Ukraine,”
   Morre told me during a break in the conference, “No way is that
   right. Now way!” Borsche, the co-chairman, agreed with him: “It’s
   polemical!” he said.

   As the conference drew to a close, the two of them decided to voice
   their objections. Morre, springing from his seat, took hold of the
   microphone and told the hall that he did not agree with the final
   declaration of the conference, which had been written by its
   Russian organizers. Specifically, he took issue with the clause
   that declared, “Our generation is facing the task to deter [the]
   revival of Fascism and Nazism,” a thinly veiled reference to
   Ukraine, the German delegates felt. “It has become clear that we
   have different views on what fascism means today,” Morre told the
   hall in nearly perfect Russian. “Your point of view is not mine. So
   I call for this part of the resolution to be removed,” he added. “I
   do not want to sign it, and I am not the only one.”

   After some noisy debate, the delegates agreed to put the matter to
   a vote. Practically all of the foreign participants raised their
   hands in favor of deleting the reference to a “revival” of European
   fascism. All of the Russian participants, including a large group
   of high school students who had been herded into the auditorium
   about 15 minutes earlier, had the clear majority in voting to leave
   the text of the declaration unchanged. So the hosts of the
   conference won out—a small but telling victory for the cause of
   Russian revisionism.

   Outside the hall, Borsche seemed at a loss for words as he waited
   in the coat-check line. He had served as one of the initiators of
   the conference and its co-chairman, flying in from Germany for the
   occasion to discuss a shared history of suffering during World War
   II. But he says he had no idea that his Russian colleagues would
   use it as a chance to promote their political agenda against
   Ukraine. “That’s not correct,” he told me. If there is some lesson
   to be learned from the experience, it’s a familiar one, he said:
   “The more people are convinced of their own opinion, the more they
   become estranged from other opinions. That’s a real difficult
   problem.” And as Russia sets out to redefine what Nazism means, it
   is a problem that Western historians will somehow have to face.

(quotations end here)

[...]
> "The West", an absolute disgrace to humanity..

I can only imagine when people find out about this, they will run like
hares and mad cows straight to non-western countries. Spread the word,
man. Also, buy your tickets while you can, before the mad crowd
prevents you from running away from this horrible place. Even better,
once you buy tickets, use them asap, go to your destination, meet your
dreams. Do not forget to drop few words to the list, so other lost
souls know what to expect outside.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola