comprehending the heart's nationalism

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Jul 8 18:04:07 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 08, 2016 at 08:40:41PM -0400, Steve Kinney wrote:

> >> They did.
> >
> > How is a "legal" secession to happen, for it to be classified as
> > "legal"?
>
> In the sense that "legal" means compliant with orders imposed by the
> the State, "legal secession" is a logical absurdity:  One does not
> gain immunity from a sovereign State's enforcement powers by
> submitting to them, nor independence by obeying its dictates.

Ack.

> If the Sovereign stops being a Sovereign by abandoning the enforcement
> powers that define State sovereignty, that's different - but the order
> to "do your own thing" remains just a noise.

Considering George Friedman, president of STRATFOR's “really the most
blatant coup in history.” (
http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/merkel-urged-temper-natos-belligerence/ri15482
), does the new/coup government of the "sovereign" state of Ukraine,
continue "legally" as the same sovereign?

Once the "democratically" ('normal' by OSCE assessments) elected
pre-"Maidan coup" government of Ukraine was overthrown, non
democratically, by United States of America government intentions and
actions, does the "sovereign" "state of Ukraine" even exist any more,
legally?

Is it fair to say that the people of Crimea, voting at referendum,
witnessing/ hearing of busloads of fellow Russian-speakers being
murdered, brutalised and shot, essentially an internal civil war taking
place, is it fair to say that when they (after the 5th or so request
over many years) finally got consent and support from 'mother' Russia to
help them run a referendum without being further shot, brutalised etc as
was happening in other parts of Ukraine, they run their referendum, and
then we say it was "just noise" or "illegal"?

Such a position I just don't get and obviously cannot agree with...