tribalism - future world order?

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Jul 7 19:29:19 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 08, 2016 at 02:01:32AM +0000, Sean Lynch wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016, 18:31 Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
>
> > Tribalism. Seems to be the way of things. This article summarises the
> > countries that have broken up since WWII - from Africa to Europe and
> > Asia.
> >
> > Is North America immune?
> >
> > One day, chickens must come home to roost.. Karmicly, Americans continue
> > to tacitly consent to their government's meddling in so many other
> > countries.
> >

> > Across the globe, 'people want to rule themselves and be themselves':
> > http://www.wnd.com/2016/06/after-brexit-a-trump-path-to-victory/#!
> >
> > (Alt:
> >
> > http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/after-brexit-trump-path-victory/ri15282
> > )
> >

> Trump is going to lose by a landslide. The American press are pretending
> it's not a shutout because otherwise they'd have nothing to report and
> people would accuse them of being biased. They are, and people accuse them
> of it anyway, but Trump is so unpopular that it appears inconceivable that
> he could have been nominated by a mainstream party, but the only reason
> he's even on the stage is that the Republican party is in the process of
> self-destruction. This is unprecedented in living memory, and certainly
> since the existence of television or radio and the 24 hour news cycle, so
> few people realize that this is what it looks like.
>
> Go read up on the election of 1872. The roles of the parties were basically
> reversed, with the Democrats being the dying party of the angry white man,
> throwing their support to the nominee of the Liberal Republicans because
> they hated Grant so much. Grant himself was surrounded by scandal but still
> managed to get the Republican nomination uncontested and then win by a
> landslide. I imagine he was more popular than Clinton, but then again
> Greeley was undoubtedly far more popular than Trump. As were the two guys
> who split the electoral vote after he died.

It's sort of interesting what's happening - at the moment a hung
parliament in our Australian federal elections just gone - they're still
counting postal votes and discussing possible alliances to determine if
they can create a "Governable coalition" - ironic given that in our
first election around 100 years ago, there were no parties, and the
government operated just fine.

Italy seems to be having similar "problems".

In the age of the US demoncratic empire, it's interesting times.

The Elites' Panic at the Revolt Against Globalism
http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2016/07/03/the-revolt-against-globalism/
(Alt:
http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/revolt-against-globalism/ri15439
)