DHS et al: Mass Transit Audio Spies

Fulano Diego Perez fulanoperez at cryptolab.net
Sun Jul 3 23:22:46 PDT 2016

Subject: 	Re: DHS et al: Mass Transit Audio Spies
Date: 	Sun, 3 Jul 2016 17:16:07 -0700
From: 	Jason McVetta <jason.mcvetta at gmail.com>
To: 	cpunks <cypherpunks at cpunks.org>

> Those who have nothing to say, have nothing to fear.
>
> On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 11:45 AM, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com
> <mailto:grarpamp at gmail.com>> wrote:

http://www.csoonline.com/article/3090502/security/big-brother-is-listening-as-well-as-watching.html

https://audiofingerprint.openwpm.com/

This page tests browser-fingerprinting using the AudioContext and Canvas
API. Using the AudioContext API to fingerprint does not collect sound
played or recorded by your machine - an AudioContext fingerprint is a
property of your machine's audio stack itself. If you choose to see your
fingerprint, we will collect the fingerprint along with a randomly
assigned identifier, your IP Address, and your User-Agent and store it
in a private database so that we can analyze the effectiveness of the
technique. We will not release the raw data publicly. A cookie will be
set in your browser to help in our analysis.

We also test a form of fingerprinting using Flash if you have Flash
enabled. This page is a part of Princeton CITP's Web Transparency and
Accountability Project.

For questions or concerns email dreisman at princeton.edu and
ste at cs.princeton.edu