Open Phones

grarpamp grarpamp@gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 11:11:48 PDT 2016

"Open"... being relative, yet interesting...

https://neo900.org/

Are you tired of all those closed mobile platforms? Do you want to
truly own a device that has the ability to do whatever you want, just
like your PC?

The Neo900 project aims to provide a Fremantle (Maemo™ 5) compatible
successor to the N900, with a faster CPU, more RAM and an LTE modem.
This is all based on a free, mature and stable platform - the GTA04.

We'll provide complete, ready-to-use devices, as well as motherboard
replacements for your current devices.

Most importantly, the Neo900 is an open platform, carrying on in the
tradition of the Openmoko project. Neo900 will support all operating
systems available for GTA04 (QtMoko, SHR, Debian, Replicant, ...) and
should serve as a great platform for porting systems like Maemo,
Ubuntu or Firefox OS - or even for writing your own one!

We bring the hardware, you choose the operating system.